Sunday, June 24, 2007

pride in toronto

today was the annual gay pride parade in toronto. i love celebrating pride and i love it more that i can celebrate it with my kids. it's not the easiest task to get a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old ready for a day with 30 degree heat and 1 million spectators. usually there is a large group of us going down together but this year it was just me and my sister. so we braved it alone.


funny enough, not long after we arrived downtown a reporter from the Globe and Mail stopped me to ask me a few questions about attending pride with children. it was a quick interview and i'll be curious to see if anything i said makes it to print. i'll have to remember to check the Globe tomorrow.

sadly my daughter slept through almost the entire parade and missed out on all the fun. of course now i have to deal with the litany of questions about where the parade went! she woke up just in time to get back on the subway and head uptown. maybe next year she'll get to play in the children's area at the Church St. school.

happy pride toronto!


No comments: